Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boxhill Boxhill is offline

Default Opening Word 2003 Doc on Windows XP via "My Computer" very slow

We have half a dozen XP clients sharing a Buffalo NAS with until recently no
problems. Then times to open Word 2003 documents via "My Computer" started to
extend. You could open the same document on one machine in 5 seconds but on
another it could take 2-3 minutes. We tried copying an offending document to
the local hard dive, disconecting from the network and it still took the same
time to open...however if you opened it from within word, whether on the
network or locally it was almost instant.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Many thanks in advance