Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kim kim is offline

Default Word 2007 default bullet indentation

This has been annoying me since I first installed Office 2007. In Word, the
default indentation for a bullet point is 3.5 inches. I have reset the
default Tabs to 0.2 inches in the Page Layout/Paragraph settings, since I
have a lot of content in my outline, but it still keeps going back to the 3.5
inch default each time I add a new bullet.

I'm wasting valuable time re-setting the indentation of every bullet point!
Please help!

Thanks,
-Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I am not sure why you are getting the 3.5 inches. On my system, clicking on
the Bullets button in the Paragraph section of the Home tab of the ribbon
results in a bulleted paragraph with an indent of 0.25 inches and a hanging
indent of another 0.25 inches.

The best thing for you to do would be to create a style that has the
paragraph formatting that you require.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kim" wrote in message
This has been annoying me since I first installed Office 2007. In Word,
the
default indentation for a bullet point is 3.5 inches. I have reset the
default Tabs to 0.2 inches in the Page Layout/Paragraph settings, since I
have a lot of content in my outline, but it still keeps going back to the
3.5
inch default each time I add a new bullet.

I'm wasting valuable time re-setting the indentation of every bullet
point!
Please help!

Thanks,
-Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Barlow Charles Barlow is offline

Default Word 2007 default indentation - Doug Robbins

"The best thing for you to do would be to create a style that has the
paragraph formatting that you require."

I had already tried this but now I can't make the next paragraph be bulleted as well. I.e. I can't write bulleted lists, I can only type a paragraph list and then reformat it. Adjusting the Style For Following Paragraph to List Paragraph doesn't work either. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Either create a custom bulleted style or use one of the default styles, such
as List Bullet. For that style, you can change "Style for following
paragraph" to whatever you want. But note that you can easily apply a
different style manually, for example via the Apply Styles pane in Word
2007. In older versions it is easier to make use of the Style box on the
Formatting toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP