Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

Default Select printer by Word 2007 template?

Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray from that
printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened? I want to do this
without altering the system default printer.

--

Nigel M

If I'm discussing apples, please don't suggest bananas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the article "Changing the selected (current) printer in Word without
changing the system default printer" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...CurPrinter.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray from
that
printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened? I want to do this
without altering the system default printer.

--

Nigel M

If I'm discussing apples, please don't suggest bananas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See also http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm which covers the selection
of trays.

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray
from that printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened? I
want to do this without altering the system default printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:48:02 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray from that
printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened?

Thanks for the replies. Is there a StartUp method I can use to run the code
when the template opens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you name the macro AutoNew (or make it part of an existing AutoNew macro
saved in the template), it will run when you create a new document based on
the template, which I imagine is what you mean. An AutoOpen macro would run
when the template is opened, but ordinarily you wouldn't be opening the
template.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray from
that
printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened?

Thanks for the replies. Is there a StartUp method I can use to run the
code
when the template opens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could do that as indicated by Suzanne, but it would be better to change
the printer at print time then back to the original printer to avoid
affecting other documents.

wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray
from that printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened?

Thanks for the replies. Is there a StartUp method I can use to run
the code when the template opens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

An AutoClose macro could reset the printer. But I suppose a specific
FilePrint and/or FilePrintDefault macro stored in the template could
accomplish what you suggest without requiring users to run a specific macro
in order to print.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can select a printer (and possibly a tray
from that printer) when a particular Word 2007 template is opened?

Thanks for the replies. Is there a StartUp method I can use to run
the code when the template opens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Selecting the printer in the FilePrint and FilePrintDefault macros in the
specific template is indeed the preferred method. The code to do that, without
affecting the default printer setting, is in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...CurPrinter.htm. Explanation of the
two print macros is in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm.

--