Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OldLadyWho'sTrying OldLadyWho'sTrying is offline

Default How can I get Outlook Express to open in Microsoft Office?

When I wish to send a document (attached or otherwise) from Microsoft Office,
I do not get my Outlook Express form to appear. Another form appears and
tells me it will send the email Outlook Express; however, I am unable to
access my Outlook Express Address Book by hitting TO: I used to be able to
do this and do not understand why I no longer can. I also seem unable to
copy the Outlook Express Address Book into the new box they show me. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What is your default e-mail application for Windows?
What is your Word version?

OldLadyWho'sTrying wrote:
When I wish to send a document (attached or otherwise) from Microsoft
Office, I do not get my Outlook Express form to appear. Another form
appears and tells me it will send the email Outlook Express; however,
I am unable to access my Outlook Express Address Book by hitting TO:
I used to be able to do this and do not understand why I no longer
can. I also seem unable to copy the Outlook Express Address Book
into the new box they show me. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OldLadyWho''sTrying OldLadyWho''sTrying is offline

OldLady is getting very frustrated. The link on the MS email telling me I
had a reply would not open the Internet. I then found my way back the first
way I'd gotten here, but a click on your response gave me no response.
Seeiing your name, I tried your website, hoping to find an email address
there. Anyway, I'm back and must have done something right because I'm
finally able to answer you. Whew!
My MS program is Office Word XP and my Oulook Express 6. I assumed the
Outlook Express was my default because the "form" notifieds me that it is
being sent by Oulook Express; however, I have no idea whether it is or not
because the emails do not end up in my Sent Items back in Outlook. Further,
the "form" does not let me access my Out. Exp. Address Book...most
inconvenient (and, yes, I've tried to copy it into the Word program with no
success). As I said, at one time, when I hit Send or Send as an Attachment
under File on a document, an Outlook Express form would pop up and I could
carry on business as usual. I have no idea what changed or why. As you can
tell, I am not the most computer literate person around...if only gy
grandsons lived closer to help me. If it doesn't break any rules, could you
please any suggestions you have for me directly to my Outlook Express In-Box.
) as I am worn out by now. THANKS.

OldLadyWho'sTrying wrote:
When I wish to send a document (attached or otherwise) from Microsoft
Office, I do not get my Outlook Express form to appear. Another form
appears and tells me it will send the email Outlook Express; however,
I am unable to access my Outlook Express Address Book by hitting TO:
I used to be able to do this and do not understand why I no longer
can. I also seem unable to copy the Outlook Express Address Book
into the new box they show me. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that this is what is happening: when you use File | Send To | Mail
Recipient or File | Send To | Mail Recipient (as Attachment), the mail
header you're getting is for Outlook, not Outlook Express. The reason for
this is that, every time you download updates for Office, even if you are
not using Outlook at all, Outlook is reinstated as your default mail client.
To reverse this, you must go to Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs
and reselect Outlook Express as the program to use for email. After you have
done that, I think you'll find you get an OE mail header, and the Address
Book will work.

http://word.mvps.org

"OldLadyWho''sTrying" wrote in
message news