Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spencer Spencer is offline

Default Multipage document scanning in Word 2007

I have trying to find out how to scan documents into word like I was able to
do in Word 2003. I used to be able to use an auto feed scanner to to
InsertPictureFrom Scanner or Camera and scan upwards of a 100 page document
right into Word 2003 and it would put one scanned page per page in Word. I
cannot seem to find this in Word 2007. Where has this very useful feature
went?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924462/en-us "How to insert an image
from a scanner into a Word 2007 document".
Ensure also that you have Microsoft Office Document Imaging installed.
(Re-run Office setup to add it).

Spencer wrote:
I have trying to find out how to scan documents into word like I was
able to do in Word 2003. I used to be able to use an auto feed
scanner to to InsertPictureFrom Scanner or Camera and scan upwards
of a 100 page document right into Word 2003 and it would put one
scanned page per page in Word. I cannot seem to find this in Word
2007. Where has this very useful feature went?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spencer Spencer is offline

Thanks for the link and reply. Unfortunately, I was already aware of the
clip organizer. That is not what I was looking for. It is way to cumbersome
to use the clip organizer to try and scan a 100 page document into Word.
Word 2003 would automatically just drop one scanned page per page in word
without the need to scan into Clip Organizer. Isn't there a way for Word to
automatically do this as it did before without having to use clip organizer
to manually insert each page after they are scanned? If there isn't that
would seem like a huge leap backward in developement.

Spencer wrote:
I have trying to find out how to scan documents into word like I was
able to do in Word 2003. I used to be able to use an auto feed
scanner to to InsertPictureFrom Scanner or Camera and scan upwards
of a 100 page document right into Word 2003 and it would put one
scanned page per page in Word. I cannot seem to find this in Word
2007. Where has this very useful feature went?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As far as I am aware there were only ever two options in Word to insert from
the scanner and both of those are still available and covered in my previous
reply. However I have checked the first link and thought it offered the same
information shown on my web site at
http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm - but apparently not

Spencer wrote:
Thanks for the link and reply. Unfortunately, I was already aware of
the clip organizer. That is not what I was looking for. It is way
to cumbersome to use the clip organizer to try and scan a 100 page
document into Word. Word 2003 would automatically just drop one
scanned page per page in word without the need to scan into Clip
Organizer. Isn't there a way for Word to automatically do this as it
did before without having to use clip organizer to manually insert
each page after they are scanned? If there isn't that would seem
like a huge leap backward in development.