SherryR

Default Why won't my pictures upload to my website?

I've designed a simple webpage (one page, just text and pictures) on Word,
and I've uploaded it to my website using Cute FTP. When I check the URL on
the internet, he text and format are on my webpage, but instead of the
pictures, there are small boxes inside the picture boxes with red Xs in them.
How can I get my pictures to be there, too? I've used other web creators
(in greeting card programs) and uploaded them with Cute FTP with no picture
problems.

Thanks!

Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:34:03 -0700, "SherryR"
wrote:

I've designed a simple webpage (one page, just text and pictures) on Word,
and I've uploaded it to my website using Cute FTP. When I check the URL on
the internet, he text and format are on my webpage, but instead of the
pictures, there are small boxes inside the picture boxes with red Xs in them.
How can I get my pictures to be there, too? I've used other web creators
(in greeting card programs) and uploaded them with Cute FTP with no picture
problems.

Thanks!

When you save a Word document containing pictures as a web page, in
addition to the .htm file it creates a folder with the same name as
the document plus "_files". All the pictures will be in that folder,
and the .htm file contains references to the pictures in that folder.

When you upload the .htm file, you also have to upload the folder of
pictures. If Cute FTP doesn't do that automatically, you have to do it
manually.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman