Anauna

Default Table of Contents - Formatting

Hello,

I have a table of Contents in which I need the topic in bold but the tab
leader an page number should be normal.

So far I can only go either all bold or all normal. Is there a switch I can
use in the style?
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Greta Halle

I have a similar problem, I think. My heading styles in the Word document are
bolded, however, I would like for the TOC to be regular. I attempted to
modify the font style, but when updating my TOC, it still reverts to bold.
Should I try unlinking the TOC? If so, how does one do that and can it be
re-linked? Thank you for any feedback.

"Anauna" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have a table of Contents in which I need the topic in bold but the tab
leader an page number should be normal.

So far I can only go either all bold or all normal. Is there a switch I

can
use in the style?
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

If you are seeing this result it's because you have applied the bold as
direct formatting, not part of the paragraph style. The TOC picks up only
direct font formatting. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm
for more.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, no, this is not possible without direct formatting

applied
after the TOC is unlinked. This functionality has been suggested to
Microsoft and perhaps will be available in some future version of Word.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Anauna" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have a table of Contents in which I need the topic in bold but the

tab
leader an page number should be normal.

So far I can only go either all bold or all normal. Is there a switch

can
use in the style?
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Der Fleder Dog

I have this problem and as far as I can tell, I did not directly format my
headings. All formatting came via modifying the Heading X styles.

Specifically, through the Style pane I used Modify -- Format -- Numbering
to set the font of the heading numbers to be bold. I don't want the numbers
to be bold in the ToC but I can't seem to get them any other way.
Suggestions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, no, this is not possible without direct formatting

applied
after the TOC is unlinked. This functionality has been suggested to
Microsoft and perhaps will be available in some future version of Word.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.