yoyoyooreo

Default Formatting EXCEL spreadsheet onto WORD document

Ok, I know how to paste link an excel spreadsheet onto a word document. The
problem I am having is formatting the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is set to
fit to one (1) page when it prints and that is the look I want on the word
document as well. The problem I have is that when I pastelink the excel
spreadsheet it is too large. I know I can pull the corners to shrink it, but
I am looking for a more efficient way to do it. Thanks in advance for your
help.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?eW95b3lvb3Jlbw==?=,

Ok, I know how to paste link an excel spreadsheet onto a word document. The
problem I am having is formatting the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is set to
fit to one (1) page when it prints and that is the look I want on the word
document as well. The problem I have is that when I pastelink the excel
spreadsheet it is too large. I know I can pull the corners to shrink it, but
I am looking for a more efficient way to do it.

Version of Word involved?

Have you tried inserting into a Frame (forms toolbar) of the specific size you
need?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

yoyoyooreo

Hi Cindy, thank you for the response! I am using 2003 Word. I have never
used frames before. Will that format the word document so that all the data
from the spreadsheet link is within one page?

Thanks again for your help, and I really appreciate.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?eW95b3lvb3Jlbw==?=,

Ok, I know how to paste link an excel spreadsheet onto a word document. The
problem I am having is formatting the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is set to
fit to one (1) page when it prints and that is the look I want on the word
document as well. The problem I have is that when I pastelink the excel
spreadsheet it is too large. I know I can pull the corners to shrink it, but
I am looking for a more efficient way to do it.

Version of Word involved?

Have you tried inserting into a Frame (forms toolbar) of the specific size you
need?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?eW95b3lvb3Jlbw==?=,

I am using 2003 Word. I have never
used frames before. Will that format the word document so that all the data
from the spreadsheet link is within one page?

The contents of a frame (from the FORMS toolbar, not the Insert menu!) will
never break across multiple pages. If what's in the frame grows so much that it
fills the frame (with an exact height setting) the additional content will
disappear at the bottom of the frame (it's still there, just not visible,
except in Normal view). A frame with a variable height setting will grow until
it hits the bottom of the page; any additional content will disappear.