Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klfb

Default Printing a table of the mail merge database

Hi - I created a mail merge document a while ago and all was well. I now
want to print out the database so I can keep better track of the people I
sent the document to, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Online
help doesn't seem to cover this. Does anyone know how to do it? Basically,
I'd like a spreadsheet view of the database I entered. Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Create a "spreadsheet table" in a Word document that is only ONE page. Put
your headers in it and everything. Put merge fields in the first row. Copy
the first row and paste to create the 2nd row. Place your cursor in front of
the FIRST merge field (to the left of it) and insert a next record Word
field. Copy row 2 and paste below row 2 until you have a full page.
Run your merge.
See the first image at:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...oft_word. htm
When you want the next record, you must have the next record field. You will
only have one next record for each row, unlike the labels in the image.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"klfb" wrote in message
Hi - I created a mail merge document a while ago and all was well. I now
want to print out the database so I can keep better track of the people I
sent the document to, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
Online
help doesn't seem to cover this. Does anyone know how to do it?
Basically,
I'd like a spreadsheet view of the database I entered. Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a Directory type mailmerge main document to which you attach the same
data source and in which you have a one row table into the cells of which
you insert the merge fields. When you execute that merge to a new document,
it will contain a table with one row of data for each record in the data
source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"klfb" wrote in message
Hi - I created a mail merge document a while ago and all was well. I now
want to print out the database so I can keep better track of the people I
sent the document to, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
Online
help doesn't seem to cover this. Does anyone know how to do it?
Basically,
I'd like a spreadsheet view of the database I entered. Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

I stand corrected.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"klfb" wrote in message
Hi - I created a mail merge document a while ago and all was well. I
now
want to print out the database so I can keep better track of the people
sent the document to, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
Online
help doesn't seem to cover this. Does anyone know how to do it?
Basically,
I'd like a spreadsheet view of the database I entered. Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klfb

Thank you very much for you help. I did as you instructed and was able to
get the data in the format I wanted. I appreciate your assistance! - klfb