Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathym

Default How can I avoid only getting a 0 when mailmerge an itn'l phone nu.

I have an extensive list of address information in an Excel database.
Included are international phone numbers. When I do a mailmerge into a Word
document, all the international phone numbers show up only as a zero. I can't
find a way to change this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathym

Graham, thank you, but I can't find the answer. I don't see what changes I
need to make. Can you pls be specific? Thank you again.

"Kathym" wrote:

I have an extensive list of address information in an Excel database.
Included are international phone numbers. When I do a mailmerge into a Word
document, all the international phone numbers show up only as a zero. I can't
find a way to change this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The Excel Data section indicates how to connect the merge to Excel by using
the DDE connection method, which will bring across the data as you have it
in Excel.

The alternative is to format the data as numbers in Excel and add a
formatting switch to layout the numbers
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm according to the format you
require.

"Kathym" wrote:

I have an extensive list of address information in an Excel database.
Included are international phone numbers. When I do a mailmerge into
a Word document, all the international phone numbers show up only as
a zero. I can't find a way to change this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathym

Default How can I avoid only getting a 0 when mailmerge an itn'l phone

Sorry to be a pain. I did see the DDE section in Excel, and I changed to that
in the Word options. But it didn't make any difference. And, because I have a
whole variety of data formats, I can't select just one formatting to use.

"Kathym" wrote:

I have an extensive list of address information in an Excel database.
Included are international phone numbers. When I do a mailmerge into
a Word document, all the international phone numbers show up only as
a zero. I can't find a way to change this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Just how do you have the numbers entered into the Excel spreadsheet?

With Word 2003, using the default connection method (that is without the
Confirm conversions at open checked), numbers that I enter into a cell with
General formatting as '+12139851224 (the format used by a mobile phone so
that it can be called from any location)or as '+1 (213) 985-1224 the format
used in Outlook or entered into a cell that is formatted as text as
+12139851224 or +1 (213) 985-1224 in all cases appear in the merged document
exactly as displayed in Excel.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.