Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Gordon

Default In Word Mail Merge can you prompt user to enter filter criterea

The criteria selection needs to regularily change. This is done in MS Query
by using the square brackets '[???]' but I'm having problems integrating into
word
Regards
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Yes, unfortunately MS Query parameters can't be used in Word. If your data
source happens to be Access you may be able to use Access parameter queries
(you need to have a copy of Access on the machine performing the merge, and
connect tot he data source using DDE). Otherwise, your best bet is probably
to use Word VBA to prompt for any variables, validate the data, construct
the query you need and issue the appropriate OpenDataSource call.

Peter Jamieson