Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan Campbell Susan Campbell is offline

Default Text: "Page 2 of 4" Where is the number of pages feature?

There used to be a Header or Footer toolbar which had a button to enter
automatically the total number of pages in a document. I can't seem to
locate the feature in Office 2007. All I know to search for is "number of
pages."

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Susan Campbell
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Default "Page 2 of 4" Where is the number of pages feature?

In the Footer command there should be a Page X of Y option. It has the
numbers bold, which I didn't like, so once I inserted it , I unbolded them
and saved them as a new footer building block.

Select the field and all the information in the footer. From the Quick Parts
command, select Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. Name the QuickPart
something like *Number of Pages*. Change the Gallery to Footers.

Now when you select the Footers command, it will be listed.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Susan Campbell" Susan wrote in message
There used to be a Header or Footer toolbar which had a button to enter
automatically the total number of pages in a document. I can't seem to
locate the feature in Office 2007. All I know to search for is "number of
pages."

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Susan Campbell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's done differently in Word 2007. In the Insert ribbon tab, Header &
Footer section, click the Page Number dropdown arrow. Each of the different
location choices provides a variety of page number styles (look for the
major sections: Simple, Page X, Page X of Y, etc.).

Or... in the Insert tab, choose Header (or Footer), Edit Header (or
Footer). In the Design tab, you'll see the same option you saw in the Insert
tab, plus additional options that affect numbering.

Or... press Ctrl+F9, type page and press F9. Then repeat, typing numpages
instead of page. This is the manual way of creating Page X of Y.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible