Posted to microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Smith[_2_] John Smith[_2_] is offline

Default size of pictures

When I insert a 330 K JPEG picture to a word file, the size of the
word file increases by 540 K. When I insert a 1.5 Mb bmp file to
the word file, the size of the word file increases by only around
600 K. Why doesn't the size of the word file increase by the size
of the inserted file?