Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KEKA KEKA is offline

Default Vista Documents

Hello,

I have Vista, I have been sending documents to individuals who have Windows
XP and I want to be able to ensure that they can view my documents. P
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Vista and XP both handle documents the same way. What would matter would be
the program versions used to create those documents. If you & receiving
individuals are all using the same version of Word, there will be no
problem. If you're all using Word 2003 or earlier, again, there would be
minimal problems, although any Word 2003-specific features would be lost if
a Word 2003 file is edited/saved by someone using an earlier version.

If using Word 2007 and earlier versions, Word 2007 can be instructed to save
any file or all files (by default) in Word 97-2003 format. Even if the files
are in Word 2007 forms, users of Word 20003 through 2003 can open those
files using the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack, which can be found he

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"KEKA" wrote in message
Hello,

I have Vista, I have been sending documents to individuals who have
Windows
XP and I want to be able to ensure that they can view my documents. P

Installation of VISTA JAL Microsoft Word Help 0 March 13th 07 01:50 AM
How do I use autotext in Vista like I did in XP? Emma Peel Microsoft Word Help 1 March 12th 07 03:43 AM
vista jackievar Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 07 05:19 PM
Vista Compatibility cimarosti Microsoft Word Help 7 February 6th 07 01:21 AM
A must for Windows Vista [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 06 09:21 PM