Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Waningphilosophic Waningphilosophic is offline

Default Enter Key, Carriage returns

This is a simple issue, but I cannot find how to fix it in word 2007. When I
hit the "enter" key instead of giving me a carriage return to start a new
paragraph it gives me a space beneath the last line of my paragraph.

So it looks like this - the text of the last sentence in my paragraph
is here and the next line is a spce down.

And then the next line of text is a space down. I do not want spaces
between my paragraps. How and where do I fix this. In older versions of Word
it was easy. I dont even know where to do it in 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Home tab, click at the right hand end of the paragraph section of the
Ribbon to show the Paragraph dialog box. It that is the way that you want
it to be all of the time, modify the paragraph format in the Normal Style.

Note however, that if you want to start a new line without starting a new
paragraph, you use Shift+Enter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Waningphilosophic" wrote in
message ...
This is a simple issue, but I cannot find how to fix it in word 2007.
When I
hit the "enter" key instead of giving me a carriage return to start a new
paragraph it gives me a space beneath the last line of my paragraph.

So it looks like this - the text of the last sentence in my paragraph
is here and the next line is a spce down.

And then the next line of text is a space down. I do not want spaces
between my paragraps. How and where do I fix this. In older versions of
Word
it was easy. I dont even know where to do it in 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

This is simple Space Below setting in Paragraph formatting. It is normal to
have space between paragraphs as it aids readability. If you are creating a
series of single line paragraphs, say you are writing a poem, you can create
a style that excludes the space or use a line feed (Shift+Return) rather
than a paragraph return. It all depends on what you are trying to create.

Note that when I start a new paragraph - like this - I add a space so that
it clear to readers.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP