Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Kucera Jan Kucera is offline

Default Moving aligned pictures in 2007

Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it and so
on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right to specific
paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes and it
is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line (exact
location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Maybe you should consider using a table with the text in one cell and the
picture in an adjoining cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it and
so on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right to
specific paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes and
it is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line
(exact location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Kucera Jan Kucera is offline

You mean placing the whole document in one huge table paragraph by
paragraph?
Hmm...I don't like this solution very much... but thank you for reply.

It seems this cannot be done (this feature was dropped...).

What about the picture margin? I have aligned it right to the "right
margin", but it's placed touching the page edge and I would like to have a
space between the image and page... but distance from text does not work. If
I place it right to the "column", the distance works, but only in positive
numbers and the image is too left.

Maybe editing the docx file directly would allow me to move the picture...

Jan

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it and
so on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right to
specific paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes and
it is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line
(exact location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Not necessarily the whole document, just the picture and the text with which
you want to maintain the alignment. That is a two column one row table with
the text in one cell and the picture in the other.

--

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it and
so on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right to
specific paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes
and it is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line
(exact location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Kucera Jan Kucera is offline

Doug, two questions:
will the table row be splitted over page boundary as the paragraph
normally would?
how do I preserve the tight wrapping around the picture?

Jan

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it
and so on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right
to specific paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes
and it is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line
(exact location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

An object, such as a picture cannot span from one page to the next. When
the cell into which you are inserting the text is full, you will need to
jump out of the table to continue the text.

--

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Hi all,
I would like the pictures to be aligned with a text, moved with it
and so on. For example, I have want the image to be aligned top right
to specific paragraph.
I am able to do that - more or less - manually by setting layout as
aligned, but when I touch the picture to move it, the layout changes
and it is moved as being absolutely positioned. Using Word 2007.
I expect to see a text move cursor/caret so I can specify the line
(exact location in text) of my picture.

Or is there any other approach in Word 2007 to get this behaviour?

Thanks for any help,
Jan Kucera

Since moving to 2007 not all my fonts show, suggestions? LostintheWood Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 07 07:08 PM
moving tables/pictures Zeus New Users 1 April 3rd 07 08:14 AM
Keep tables from moving when text or pictures are entered above it VBB Microsoft Word Help 7 November 12th 05 01:10 AM
Unable to display pictures correctly after moving in word 2003 yongwang Microsoft Word Help 0 April 19th 05 08:44 PM
My inserted pictures keep moving ! Cindy M -WordMVP- New Users 0 January 21st 05 05:33 PM