Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JEC JEC is offline

Default Need to remove multi lines in a table cell when doc is printed

This problem occurs in both Word 2007 and 2003. I format a table to use as a
signature block. The signature line is entered by multiple underscores which
then appears on the screen as a single horizontal line, from cell border to
border. I add the signer's name below that. On the screen, all is well.
However, when the document is printed to either a printer or an xps file,
multiple horizontal lines fill the cell (one for each "line" in the cell
whether or not there is a CR). That happens also when the document is
imported to Acrobat 9 from a doc or docx but does not happen when the Acrobat
9 Windows printer driver is used from Word to create a pdf. So, the only way
that I can get the document to print as formatted is to use the Acrobat
driver. I now need to find out how to make the document format properly
without having to limit myself to the pdf printer.

Please don't respond with the "use a cell border" workaround. I am aware
that I can do that but I have many documents that will need reformatting if
that is the only solution.

--
JEC