Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WebColin70 WebColin70 is offline

Default Missing Rows and Columns Pasting into Word from Excel

I posted this question earlier, but no one responded. I've tried to reword
to clarify this time.

When I Paste Special and select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) of a large set
of cells from Excel (2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000
SP2), instead of pasting the entire copied range, the rows and columns that
would fall off the page when I paste are actually missing. In other words,
even if I shrink the picture by grabbing the little square handles and
dragging it down, so it only takes up half the page, the missing rows and
columns are still missing. They're not just off the page, they're MISSING.

This just started happening - the very same range of cells pasted properly a
few weeks ago. And I have pasted even larger ranges in the past - always as
long as I drag and resize the image so that it fits on the page, all the
rows and columns appear, however tiny the print may end up.

I'm afraid I have no idea what changed in Word or Excel that this now does
not work.

If I do it as a Paste Link, then I go to look at the linked object's
properties, it correctly shows the full cell range spanning all the rows and
columns selected and copied in Excel, but in Word it still only shows the
very limited range. It doesn't show in Word, the rows and columns it says
are linked.

Right now, I'm very angry with Word as I need to embed financials for a
business plan and don't have time to screw around with Word's peculiarities
(I assume it's Word, since Excel is just providing the data), but I
acknowledge it's possible that I may have done something that caused this
function to stop working.

What's going on and how do I workaround this? Do you need any more info from
me to help diagnose this?

Thanks,
Colin