Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nick Olsen Nick Olsen is offline

Default Bypassing Header Record Delimiters Dialog

I have a C# application that performs an automated Word mail merge. The data
souce is just a tab delimited text file I create. If the mail merge document
has more than one merge field (and obviously the data source has more than
one data field) then the merge goes smoothly without any required action by
the user. On the other hand, if the document only has one merge field, then
before merging, Word pops up with the Header Record Delimiters dialog box
requiring me to specify the Field and the Record delimiter. The selected
values, none and enter respectively, are correct so the only thing I have to
do is click OK. I'm not sure how to go about getting rid of this window. Is
there any way to programatically specify the delimiters? Is there something
I can do to the data source file so that this won't show up?

Thanks

Nick