Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aal aal is offline

Default Auto duplicate page in Word 07?

I want to create a template. The template will have two pages with a
different design for each (first page represents the front of a doc, the
second page represents the back of the doc for two-sided printing). When
necessary, I need Word to auto duplicate the page one design for odd pages
(3, 5, so on) and page two design for even pages (4, 6, so on). I'm sure
there is a code or something to do this. Maybe a macro or Visual Basic?
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What exactly is supposed to be different? If you are referring to headers
and footers, you can set up "Different odd and even" as well as "Different
first page" (in the Page Setup dialog box). For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
I want to create a template. The template will have two pages with a
different design for each (first page represents the front of a doc, the
second page represents the back of the doc for two-sided printing). When
necessary, I need Word to auto duplicate the page one design for odd pages
(3, 5, so on) and page two design for even pages (4, 6, so on). I'm sure
there is a code or something to do this. Maybe a macro or Visual Basic?
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aal aal is offline

No, not headers/footers. That would be too simple! I am creating a template
for flash cards. Page one will have the front of six flash cards. The
teacher will be able to insert a graphic or text on the front. The second
page will be the back (or answers) to the front. A logo will appear at the
top of each flash card (so six times on the front - page one). The back page
will have nothing other than a text box for input, or the answers. The
teacher will then print front/back with two-sided printing. If the teacher
needs 12 flash cards, then s/he will need to add page 3 and 4. I want page
three to duplicate the design of page one and page 4 to duplicate the design
for page 2.

"aal" wrote in message
I want to create a template. The template will have two pages with a
different design for each (first page represents the front of a doc, the
second page represents the back of the doc for two-sided printing). When
necessary, I need Word to auto duplicate the page one design for odd pages
(3, 5, so on) and page two design for even pages (4, 6, so on). I'm sure
there is a code or something to do this. Maybe a macro or Visual Basic?
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This seems like something that would require a macro. Ask in a programming
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
I want to create a template. The template will have two pages with a
different design for each (first page represents the front of a doc,
the
second page represents the back of the doc for two-sided printing).
When
necessary, I need Word to auto duplicate the page one design for odd
pages
(3, 5, so on) and page two design for even pages (4, 6, so on). I'm
sure
there is a code or something to do this. Maybe a macro or Visual
Basic?
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You might try creating Building Blocks for this purpose. Create one for the
odd pages and one for even pages. Then, when needed, all one needs to do is
insert the Building Block.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton