Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
navoff navoff is offline

Default Rotating drawing canvas

I'm using Word 2003 and inherited a document that has a graphic that was
pasted in from Visio. It's in a drawing canvas and I need to rotate the image
90 degrees. However, when I select the canvas, the rotate options are greyed
out. Inside the drawing canvas are lots of individual elements that I can
grab and rotate but I need everything to rotate together. Is there any way to
do this without deleting the image and starting over from scratch? I don't
have a copy of Visio to open the original image file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You can't rotate the Canvas but you should be able to select all the objects
on it by Shift+Clicking each one. [Alternatively you can drag a selection
marquee around the objects to select them all.]

Then use the Group command to group the objects & rotate the group.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/14/08 1:33 PM, in article
, "navoff"
wrote:

I'm using Word 2003 and inherited a document that has a graphic that was
pasted in from Visio. It's in a drawing canvas and I need to rotate the image
90 degrees. However, when I select the canvas, the rotate options are greyed
out. Inside the drawing canvas are lots of individual elements that I can
grab and rotate but I need everything to rotate together. Is there any way to
do this without deleting the image and starting over from scratch? I don't
have a copy of Visio to open the original image file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
navoff navoff is offline

Alas, I tried that. It seems that the items won't group together, at least
not within the drawing canvas. Probably because there's a mix of text in text
boxes as well as drawing objects. So far, the best I've been able to come up
with was to select everything on the drawing canvas, copy it, paste it in a
new blank document as an enhanced windows metafile and then rotate it and
copy it back to the original file. Mostly it works but, during the conversion
to a picture, the fonts revert to Times Roman and some of it is shifted from
it's original placement. Since the text is serving as labels within the
image, it's important that they line up with the parts of the image they are
explaining. If I could get the text to retain it's original font and
position, it would be do-able.