Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fran Fran is offline

Default Page Numbers - Roman Numerals

Please let me know how to insert page numbers as Roman numerals in a footer.
I need to number the pages as sections and then the page number within the
section (i.e., I-1; I-2; I-3, etc.) Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When your cursor is in the footer, click the Format Page Number icon
on the Headers & Footers toolbar.

If you're in Word2007, you do the same thing a different way.

Though in your example here, you don't have roman-numbered pages.

On Nov 19, 9:31*am, Fran wrote:
Please let me know how to insert page numbers as Roman numerals in a footer. *
I need to number the pages as sections and then the page number within the
section (i.e., I-1; I-2; I-3, etc.) *Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fran Fran is offline

For some reason I am still not able to do this in Word 2007. I would like to
have the section of an official document in Roman numerals and then the
actual pages within the section in regular numbers (XVIII-1; XVIII-2;
XVIII-3, etc.). Thanks!!

"Fran" wrote:

Please let me know how to insert page numbers as Roman numerals in a footer.
I need to number the pages as sections and then the page number within the
section (i.e., I-1; I-2; I-3, etc.) Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The requirements (as stated at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm) have not changed. You
still have to use the "Include chapter number" feature of Format Page
Number, and that "chapter number" still has to be the paragraph number of an
autonumbered paragraph in one of Word's built-in heading styles.

"Fran" wrote:

Please let me know how to insert page numbers as Roman numerals in a
footer.
I need to number the pages as sections and then the page number within
the
section (i.e., I-1; I-2; I-3, etc.) Thanks!!

Displaying page numbers as roman numerals in TOC Physi Marc Microsoft Word Help 9 January 15th 14 04:54 AM
Updating TOC-Using BOTH Roman Numerals and Switching to Numbers jackie Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 07 09:40 PM
How do you use nembers and roman numerals with page numbering? Deb in TC Page Layout 1 April 15th 07 04:04 AM
rOMAN nUMERALS HH Microsoft Word Help 2 November 13th 06 05:28 AM
Page Number: Beginning with roman numerals, ending with numbers Martin Microsoft Word Help 3 April 24th 06 03:10 PM