Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raoul Raoul is offline

Default This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked

I plugged in my memory stick in a friend's computer and opened a Word 2003
document. She has a Micosoft Office 2007. When I try to write, I get the
comment 'This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked'.
How do I unlock the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Raoul,

The memory stick and the format of the document probably have nothing to do
with this problem. The most likely cause is that your friend is using a trial
version of Office 2007 and the trial period has expired. To resolve the
problem, your friend will need to purchase a full version of Office 2007 and
install and activate it with the product key.

Note that the trial version should be uninstalled prior to installing and
activating the full version.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!