Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robinson Robert Robinson is offline

Default Rotating text

I am creating a mailer for a non profit organization. I am splitting an 8 1/2
X 11 sheet: on one half, I will have the logo, "place stamp here" box and
mailing address, the other half will have the mission statement. I want to
rotate the mission statement text 180 degrees so the text and graphics on the
sheet both point downward when the page is folded in half. I tried placing
the text in a box, and rotating the box, but only the box rotated (the text
did not).

What steps have to be performed to rotate text 180? Do I have to change the
page size first?
--
Robert Robinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only way to do this in Word without pasting some of the text as a
picture (or using WordArt) is to use a table. If I'm reading you right,
you'd use a landscape page with a single row, two column table, and rotate
the text in the two cells in opposite directions.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Robinson" wrote in
message ...
I am creating a mailer for a non profit organization. I am splitting an 8
1/2
X 11 sheet: on one half, I will have the logo, "place stamp here" box and
mailing address, the other half will have the mission statement. I want to
rotate the mission statement text 180 degrees so the text and graphics on
the
sheet both point downward when the page is folded in half. I tried placing
the text in a box, and rotating the box, but only the box rotated (the
text
did not).

What steps have to be performed to rotate text 180? Do I have to change
the
page size first?
--
Robert Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robinson Robert Robinson is offline

Yes, I did suss this out. I created the tables, set the page to landscape and
turned each table in opposite directions. Thanks.
--
Robert Robinson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, this is the sort of thing Publisher is much better for.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Robinson" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Rotating a text box Dori Microsoft Word Help 1 November 11th 08 01:00 AM
rotating text box ekta Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 07 05:06 PM
Rotating Text Dave Page Layout 5 March 14th 07 08:48 PM
Rotating a Text box Cassy Page Layout 1 March 15th 05 06:08 AM
Rotating a Text Box Gerry Duggan New Users 1 December 1st 04 02:30 PM