Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yvette Yvette is offline

Default Keeping word template to 1 page, each record to start on new page

Hi,

I have created a template in Word that is almost a full page. How can I
ensure that when I merge from excel, each new record will start on a new
page, without inserting a Page Break? When I do the merge, the next record
starts at the bottom of the previous record and throws out alignment so they
can't be printed as separate records.
If I insert a page break, the template would need to be saved with an extra
page, and also when merging an exra blank page will be at the end of the
merge; both of these are undesirable...if it's possible to avoid this, that
would be great!

Thanks so much for your help.

Yvette.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Set the mail merge main document type to "letters" and then when you execute
the merge, the text for each record will start on a new page (actually, it
is a new Section as a Next Page Section Break is automatically inserted for
each new record)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Yvette" wrote in message
Hi,

I have created a template in Word that is almost a full page. How can I
ensure that when I merge from excel, each new record will start on a new
page, without inserting a Page Break? When I do the merge, the next record
starts at the bottom of the previous record and throws out alignment so
they
can't be printed as separate records.
If I insert a page break, the template would need to be saved with an
extra
page, and also when merging an exra blank page will be at the end of the
merge; both of these are undesirable...if it's possible to avoid this,
that
would be great!

Thanks so much for your help.

Yvette.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Yvette Yvette is offline

Default Keeping word template to 1 page, each record to start on new p

Thanks so much, that's perfect