Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith Brown Keith Brown is offline

Default Table of Contents in Roman and Arabic Numbers only want Arabic Num

I have a table of contents with boht roman numerals and arabic numbers. I
have deleted all page numbering, re-added it and set the footers of all
sections to link to the first section so the numbering is the same throughout
the document. I want all Arabic numbers to show up, but for some reason, I
can not figure out how to turn off those Roman Numerals.

I have deleted the TOC and added new ones in. To no avail.

I am using Word 2007 on Vista Business.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The TOC should be reflecting what's displayed on your pages. If it doesn't,
then F9 to update it. If the numbering on the pages is incorrect, then you
need to use Format Page Number to change the format.

http://word.mvps.org

"Keith Brown" wrote in message
I have a table of contents with boht roman numerals and arabic numbers. I
have deleted all page numbering, re-added it and set the footers of all
sections to link to the first section so the numbering is the same
throughout
the document. I want all Arabic numbers to show up, but for some reason,
can not figure out how to turn off those Roman Numerals.

I have deleted the TOC and added new ones in. To no avail.

I am using Word 2007 on Vista Business.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith Brown Keith Brown is offline

Default Table of Contents in Roman and Arabic Numbers only want Arabic

It appears that the previous owner of this document did something strange. I
have to go page by page select the page number and then use Format Page
Number to change the format of every single troublesome page.

Thanks for your help.