Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
micropood micropood is offline

Default footnotes and page margin; footer margin and page margin

Hi,

I set a 1" inch bottom margin. What is the relationship between the bottom
of footnotes and that page margin? Will the footnotes spill into the margin
area, or will Word keep that space clear?

Also, what is the relationship between the footer margin and the page
margin? If the footer remains blank, is the footer margin setting irrelevant
or does it affect the page margin in some way? Will my margin area remain
clear from 1 inch to the edge of the paper no matter how I set the footer
margin?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The footnotes are part of the document body; they do not (except in rare
instances when there is corruption in the document) extend beyond the bottom
margin. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for more
detail.

The footer margin is irrelevant as long as it is smaller than the bottom
margin. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"micropood" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I set a 1" inch bottom margin. What is the relationship between the bottom
of footnotes and that page margin? Will the footnotes spill into the
margin
area, or will Word keep that space clear?

Also, what is the relationship between the footer margin and the page
margin? If the footer remains blank, is the footer margin setting
irrelevant
or does it affect the page margin in some way? Will my margin area remain
clear from 1 inch to the edge of the paper no matter how I set the footer
margin?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
micropood micropood is offline

Many thanks! That's very helpful information, as always, Suzanne!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad you found it helpful.

http://word.mvps.org