Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GH GH is offline

Default Tutorials on recording Word macros

Hello all,

A client of mine has used Word for a long time but has never had any
experience with macros. She would like to learn by using an online tutorial.
We have googled around a bit, but have not found anything she is comfortable
with.

Does anyone know of / recommend any from-the-ground-up tutorials about
recording word macros?

Thanks
GH (TAFE Student required to ask this question online for my fictional
client

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

At least you are honest enough to concede that this is a homework question
so ask your fictional client to start with -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/UsingRecorder.htm

gh wrote:
Hello all,

A client of mine has used Word for a long time but has never had any
experience with macros. She would like to learn by using an online
tutorial. We have googled around a bit, but have not found anything
she is comfortable with.

Does anyone know of / recommend any from-the-ground-up tutorials about
recording word macros?

Thanks
GH (TAFE Student required to ask this question online for my
fictional client

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Like Graham, I commend your honesty. In addition to Graham's reference to
using the Macro Recorder (which is where most students start, recording a
macro and then examining its syntax to see how it works), there's a fairly
elementary article on getting started *writing* macros at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"gh" wrote in message
Hello all,

A client of mine has used Word for a long time but has never had any
experience with macros. She would like to learn by using an online
tutorial.
We have googled around a bit, but have not found anything she is
comfortable
with.

Does anyone know of / recommend any from-the-ground-up tutorials about
recording word macros?

Thanks
GH (TAFE Student required to ask this question online for my fictional
client

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oops, I see I missed the word "recording" in your subject line *and* in the
message body, so ignore my previous post.

http://word.mvps.org

"gh" wrote in message
Hello all,

A client of mine has used Word for a long time but has never had any
experience with macros. She would like to learn by using an online
tutorial.
We have googled around a bit, but have not found anything she is
comfortable
with.

Does anyone know of / recommend any from-the-ground-up tutorials about
recording word macros?

Thanks
GH (TAFE Student required to ask this question online for my fictional
client

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GH GH is offline

Many thanks. Sorry not to have replied before. I'm sure I ticked the "notify
me" check box, but maybe missed it.
Cheers,
GH