Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Footnotes too far down the page

I have a pleading in Word 2003 where the footnotes are not spanning pages
properly and are overlaying important information in the footer. Is there a
way for me to control how far down a footnote can go before it spans to the

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This should not be happening. Make sure that the Footnote Text style is not
formatted as "Keep with next" or "Keep lines together."

http://word.mvps.org

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a pleading in Word 2003 where the footnotes are not spanning pages
properly and are overlaying important information in the footer. Is there
way for me to control how far down a footnote can go before it spans to

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

I believe it has something to do with the footer containing text boxes that
are outside the margin of the normal footer. I was able to correct the issue
by formatting the footnotes to be "Below Text" instead of from the bottom.

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a pleading in Word 2003 where the footnotes are not spanning pages
properly and are overlaying important information in the footer. Is there
way for me to control how far down a footnote can go before it spans to

Richard

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, the text boxes could be an issue. Is there no way to design the footer
without relying on them?

http://word.mvps.org