Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default add the document file path in 2007

I had a button that allowed me to insert the full path and filename to any
Word document which I could print out on the document and then read the hard
copy some time later and know where to go to find it again.
Does anyone know how I can do this on Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a Filename field with the \p switch in the location where you want it
to appear - probably the footer. In Word 2007, fields are under the Quick
Parts section of the Insert tab of the ribbon.

Or, at the location where you want it to appear, press Ctrl+F9 and inside
the field delimiters { } that appear, type

{ filename \p }

Then press Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of the field characters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jan" wrote in message
I had a button that allowed me to insert the full path and filename to any
Word document which I could print out on the document and then read the
hard
copy some time later and know where to go to find it again.
Does anyone know how I can do this on Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Doug has told you the hands-on way. If you just want "Filename and path"
available as a building block (as it was previously available as an AutoText
entry), see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...002951033.aspx

http://word.mvps.org