Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
qlfwyyd qlfwyyd is offline

Default No indent after pilcrow (paragraph mark)

I have a long document that has been copied and pasted into Word that
I'm trying to fix. At the moment there are large slabs of text where
new paragraphs are not indented. I want to add indents. Although I can
search for a paragraph break with "^p" it doesn't seem to find every
actual paragraph break (which is represented in the hidden characters
by a pilcrow or backwards 'P' - ¶).

If I add an indent using the rulers at the top of the page, it will
add an indent to the very first paragraph, but not to the others. I
have to manually go through, hit delete then enter to show the
document that I really do want a new paragraph there - and that an
automatic indent is required.

Is there any way to do this automatically?

No indent after pilcrow (paragraph mark) qlfwyyd Formatting Long Documents 6 January 20th 10 02:20 PM
Paragraph indent PL Microsoft Word Help 6 August 11th 09 12:51 PM
paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 September 14th 05 10:04 AM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM