Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.numbering,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Default Numbering images in a table cell

HI all,

XP Pro SP3 + updates, Office 2002. And crossposted to longdocs, numbering
and pagelayout:

My "great idea" sort of fizzled on meg! I'm creating buttons to sell for
our Labor Day Parade this year. NOrmally I also print a list of serialized
labels to be attached to the backs of the buttons, but that's a bit of labor
it seems like we should be able to avoid.

So instead, what I'd like to do is put the serialized number into a Table
Cell, displayed on top of the image. The serialized buttons are used for
drawings, etc., during the celebrations.
Unfortunately, although it's fairly trivial to create serialized numbers
for each table cell, getting it to live on top of the graphic is something i
can't seem to do. One always displaces the other since one is text and the
other graphic.
At 6 button artworks per Letter Size sheet and a requirement for 10,000
buttons, you can see why I don't want to do it manuallyG!

Does anyone have any idea how I could get an incrementing number to display
on top of the image in each cell?
I've also considered some way to convert the text numbers to an image
format after they were created, but I can't seem to do that programmatically
either.
And the committee would rather not see the number beside or over/under
the image because it's round in shape and decreases the real estate
available for the image on the button.

Any leads, thoughts or methods would be most appreciated,

Twayne