Lloyd

Default Default Font

Hello
I have some partners here trying to change their default font from Arial
size 12 to Times New Roman 11 in Word 2002 SP2. The following are the steps
we take:
Open Word - click Format - Font - change the font name and size to Times New
Roman 12 - click Default - select Yes to the change default font to Times New
Roman, 11 pt. After the above is done we hold down the shift key and select
File - Save All to normal.dot.

When we create a new document, it appears as the default font is Times New
Roman, 11 pt, but when we ctrl + n to create a new document, the new document
comes up with Arial 12 pt, instead of Times New Roman, 11 pt.

Does anyone know why the above could be happening?
Attila

Hi Lloyd,
now this is how i did it: open the normal.dot document in winword (NOT a
new document).. set the default font... save the normal.dot document. if you
have more profiles running on the machine, you might have to change more
normal.dot files. that depends on the default file location of your winword
settings.
please, take care of what you are doing with the normal.dot, since it is
very easy to mess it up. so better keep a backupcopy of the original
normal.dot.
hopefully this was of any help to you... bye

"Lloyd" wrote:

Hello
I have some partners here trying to change their default font from Arial
size 12 to Times New Roman 11 in Word 2002 SP2. The following are the steps
we take:
Open Word - click Format - Font - change the font name and size to Times New
Roman 12 - click Default - select Yes to the change default font to Times New
Roman, 11 pt. After the above is done we hold down the shift key and select
File - Save All to normal.dot.

When we create a new document, it appears as the default font is Times New
Roman, 11 pt, but when we ctrl + n to create a new document, the new document
comes up with Arial 12 pt, instead of Times New Roman, 11 pt.

Does anyone know why the above could be happening?

Daiya Mitchell

Look in Tools | Customize to see if anyone may have reassigned control-n to
open a new doc based on the standard company template instead of based on
Normal.dot.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/