Remco_Berkhof

Default Portrait and landscape in one document easier.

I think it should be eassier to change between portrait and landscape in one
document. The possibility "this page" or "these page numbers" should be added
to the possibilities. Now it's only possible to select " this section,
selected text or the entire document"

This give's me a lot of problems when I insert a document or figure wich has
a landscape allignment.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Changing page orientation requires section breaks. If you want Word to
insert them for you automatically, you can select the content you want
reoriented and then select "Selected text" under "Apply to" in the Page
Setup dialog. Otherwise you must insert the section breaks yourself and
select "This section."

"Remco_Berkhof" wrote in message
I think it should be eassier to change between portrait and landscape in

one
document. The possibility "this page" or "these page numbers" should be

added
to the possibilities. Now it's only possible to select " this section,
selected text or the entire document"

This give's me a lot of problems when I insert a document or figure wich

has
a landscape allignment.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Daiya Mitchell

Furthermore, what you ask would require some fundamental recoding--Word
doesn't really think in terms of pages. Pages don't really get created
until Word sends the doc to the printer driver (though Print Layout view
fakes it). But Word is holding all the information to create the document
in a series of different boxes (metaphorically), and there are no boxes
labeled "page 1" "page 2" etc. Only boxes labeled "section 1" and that box
has inside it boxes labeled "main text in section 1" "images in section 1"
"footnotes in section 1" etc. When the doc goes to the printer, or when you
use Print Layout view, Word is re-arranging the content held in those boxes.

On 6/1/05 6:45 AM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=ce218757-9424
-4830-8020-325c51941414&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout