tommcbrny

Default Open Template Toolbar in Other Word Documents

Hello,

A custom toolbar that contains all of my company's default styles is
openedeach time I open a company template (also custom created) in Word. Is
there a way for me to access this toolbar in other Word documents that are
not created from these custom templates?

I have tried view-toolbars, but the toolbar does not appear in the list of
available toolbars unless I creat the document from one of the templates.

Thanks,

Tom
Charles Kenyon

That is because the toolbar, and the macros and styles, is contained in the
company templates. (It is possible that they are contained elsewhere, in a
more global spot that is activated by the individual templates, but that is
more advanced.)

You might be able to move these to a general location that could be accessed
from other documents, but why not just create your new documents from those
templates (or from a template created from those templates)?

If you need to move them to a global, see
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--

"tommcbrny" wrote in message
Hello,

A custom toolbar that contains all of my company's default styles is
openedeach time I open a company template (also custom created) in Word.
Is
there a way for me to access this toolbar in other Word documents that are
not created from these custom templates?

I have tried view-toolbars, but the toolbar does not appear in the list
of
available toolbars unless I creat the document from one of the templates.

Thanks,

Tom

Cynthia

Tom - I think the toolbars (custom in Word) are saved WITH the template
itself. It's like the formatting associated with the Normal.dot template
(i.e., margins, font style and size, styles, etc.). Those settings are
within the Normal.dot template.

Macro help Kathryn Microsoft Word Help 22 May 12th 05 01:04 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM