smwigg

Default Disabled function keys

All function keys suddenly stopped working. Have tried the Disabled Items on
the About screen as directed by Word Help, and the ToolsCustomizeKeyboard
threads, and have scoured Word help and the discussion groups for any
additional information, but no luck. Hopefully I am missing something very
obvious. thanks!
Charles Kenyon

Check Tools Options General and make sure both options dealing with Word
Perfect are unchecked. Having these checked wouldn't disable the function
keys but would change them so that you might not notice what they were
doing.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"smwigg" wrote in message
All function keys suddenly stopped working. Have tried the Disabled Items
on
the About screen as directed by Word Help, and the
ToolsCustomizeKeyboard
threads, and have scoured Word help and the discussion groups for any
additional information, but no luck. Hopefully I am missing something very
obvious. thanks!

stephen wigg

The WordPerfect options were not checked, but thanks so much for your reply.
I followed the links and found lots of great info, but still nothing that
answered why my function keys are disabled. My workaround has been to assign
new keys to the functions I use most frequently (capitalization, update
fields, thesaurus), but it's annoying that I can't find a way to enable the
keys.