Jeff C

Default Another Bookfold Printing Problem

Started a new document...set the page up from raw to bookfold...set
margins...typed in text and added clipart...the first page which is supposed
to be the front of the book constantly prints on the left side of the
paper..no matter what I try. Any solutions out there? Thank you

Jeff C

Well...pages 2 - 6 were numbered because I didn't want the number on the
front of the booklet but ... now that I numbered page 1 it works.....THAT
was intuative of MS. Thank You Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the page numbered 1?

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Started a new document...set the page up from raw to bookfold...set
margins...typed in text and added clipart...the first page which is

supposed
to be the front of the book constantly prints on the left side of the
paper..no matter what I try. Any solutions out there? Thank you

It shouldn't be necessary to print the number on the page, but it should be
numbered 1. If you were starting with 1 on page 2, then Word is legitimately
confused.

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Well...pages 2 - 6 were numbered because I didn't want the number on the
front of the booklet but ... now that I numbered page 1 it works.....THAT
was intuative of MS. Thank You Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the page numbered 1?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Started a new document...set the page up from raw to bookfold...set
margins...typed in text and added clipart...the first page which is

supposed
to be the front of the book constantly prints on the left side of the
paper..no matter what I try. Any solutions out there? Thank you

Jeff C

Well...I went back to the booklet, unchecked the "show number on first page"
box saved, and hit print.....sheet 1 was blank, sheet two had front on left
and pg 2 on right, sheet 3 was blank on left and pg 6 on right, sheet four
with pg 3 then pg 4, sheet 5 with pg 5 on left and blank on right. I went
back, checked the box again, saved and hit print and it printed correctly (
I may just change font color to white), You're a guru...thanks

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Well...pages 2 - 6 were numbered because I didn't want the number on the
front of the booklet but ... now that I numbered page 1 it works.....THAT
was intuative of MS. Thank You Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the page numbered 1?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Started a new document...set the page up from raw to bookfold...set
margins...typed in text and added clipart...the first page which is
supposed
to be the front of the book constantly prints on the left side of the
paper..no matter what I try. Any solutions out there? Thank you

I avoid using Insert | Page Numbers. I use "Different first page" instead
and omit the page number from the First Page Header/Footer. But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

(

"Jeff C" wrote in message
Well...pages 2 - 6 were numbered because I didn't want the number on

the
front of the booklet but ... now that I numbered page 1 it

works.....THAT
was intuative of MS. Thank You Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the page numbered 1?