Dinesh

Default Couldnt open filename.txt because it didnt contain valid databas

I get the following error when I try to merge a text file which is ","
separated. I tried for several other Text files and they worked fine but i
get this eror for only one word text file. " Word Couldnt open filename.txt
because it didnt contain valid database"

What can be the possible reason?
Graham Mayor

There is obviously some problem with that file. Load it into Word and use
table convert text to table to convert it into a .... table! Save the
document and use the document as a data source. The conversion may highlight
where the problem lies - see also
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

Dinesh wrote:
I get the following error when I try to merge a text file which is ","
separated. I tried for several other Text files and they worked fine
but i get this eror for only one word text file. " Word Couldnt open
filename.txt because it didnt contain valid database"

What can be the possible reason?

Dinesh

Default Couldnt open filename.txt because it didnt contain valid dat

Thanks Mr.Graham. actually , one of my other friend found the problem by
looking into the data one by one which obviously was tedious.But your
approach seems to be the easiest one and to be frank I havent seen/used the
functions "Convert text to table".

Thanks for your help,
Dinesh.