bdink

Default Why won't my computer accept a custom paper size?

I am trying to print an invitation with dimensions 5.7 x 8.7. When I enter
my custom paper size, the print preview reformats to the new size. BUT, when
I print out the document, the text is formatted like it is on 8.5 x 11.
CyberTaz

Defining your Page size in Page Setup just tells Word what size 'workspace'
you want for your document content. Actual _Paper Size_ on which you print
that page is a property of your printer. If you actually have 5.7 x 8.7 stock
to print on, you have to let your printer know that is what you are using.
Otherwise it assumes you are printing the smaller content area on the default
paper size, which is typically Letter.

HTH |:)

"bdink" wrote:

I am trying to print an invitation with dimensions 5.7 x 8.7. When I enter
my custom paper size, the print preview reformats to the new size. BUT, when
I print out the document, the text is formatted like it is on 8.5 x 11.

Graham Mayor

The ability to set custom paper sizes is a function of the printer driver.
If the printer driver will not accept the paper size then you will not be
able to use it. Use the nearest large paper size and make up the difference
with the margins.