Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
annie

Default Word Freezing up

I have a letter that has signature file and since I got moved to Window XP
and word 2003 everytine I open the letter and croll down to see the rest of
my letter word freeze up. Do you have any idea what causing it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Faulkner

Annie

Have you tried File | Open | Open & Repair?

Regards
Mike

"annie" wrote:

I have a letter that has signature file and since I got moved to Window XP
and word 2003 everytine I open the letter and croll down to see the rest of
my letter word freeze up. Do you have any idea what causing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
annie

I have a web site that has link to word that has all my letter. When I
connect to the web site I can usually open the letter and it has the
signature file but now that I have Window XP and Office 2003 the letter does
open but when you scroll down the signature file is missing and word freeze
for about 15 mins while loading or looking for the signature file. Do you
know what I can do to to speed the process of loading or looking for the
signature file?

"annie" wrote:

I have a letter that has signature file and since I got moved to Window XP
and word 2003 everytine I open the letter and croll down to see the rest of
my letter word freeze up. Do you have any idea what causing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Faulkner

Annie
I don't have any experience with the method you are using. It may be that
the signature file is too large. Typically it should be a JPG and approx. 20K
in size
Regards
Mike