Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Garrett Fitzgerald

Default Label merge with textboxes

Greetings, all. I'm trying to print labels including an Indicia in a
textbox. If I just do the straight text box, I'm fine. Then I tried to
make the indicia conditional on the Barcode field not being blank. Up
to a point, that worked: the pages where all the labels have barcodes
print the indicia, and the pages where there is no barcode omit the
indicia.

The problem is the page in the middle. It seems that Word only
evaluates the If...Then...Else once per page, rather than re-evaluating
it for each occurence of the textbox.

Any thoughts on how to convince it otherwise? I could paste the indicia
onto the appropriate labels, or run two different data files, but if I
can make it work as specified above, I'd like to.

Thanks!

--
Garrett Fitzgerald
Data Analyst/Programmer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Merge to a new document. Select that document (CTRL+A) then update (F9)

Garrett Fitzgerald wrote:
Greetings, all. I'm trying to print labels including an Indicia in a
textbox. If I just do the straight text box, I'm fine. Then I tried to
make the indicia conditional on the Barcode field not being blank. Up
to a point, that worked: the pages where all the labels have barcodes
print the indicia, and the pages where there is no barcode omit the
indicia.

The problem is the page in the middle. It seems that Word only
evaluates the If...Then...Else once per page, rather than
re-evaluating it for each occurence of the textbox.

Any thoughts on how to convince it otherwise? I could paste the
indicia onto the appropriate labels, or run two different data files,
but if I can make it work as specified above, I'd like to.

Thanks!

Mail Merge automatically resetting my mail label option selection Tony Mailmerge 2 January 1st 06 11:12 PM
Label Merge question moncho Microsoft Word Help 1 September 2nd 05 03:30 PM
Label merge Problem Shooting Star Mailmerge 2 May 26th 05 07:04 PM
Label Merge PT New Users 2 May 1st 05 05:47 AM
Mail merge only creates first label when doing edit individual lab Scott H Mailmerge 1 January 19th 05 11:59 AM