Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daan

Default Letter Wizard

I have a problem with the Letter Wizard. I would like to send my contacts in
Microsoft Outlook a standardized letter, this functions through the Letter
Wizard that starts up immediately in Word. My self-made template doesn't show
up next to the standard letters (professial, business etc.) Word is providing
me, although I've save my template in the template folder. Does anybody know
where I should save my template in order to be recognized by Letter Wizard?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your template will be included if it is saved in the folder specified for
user templates (on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options) or a subfolder
and has "Letter" (or "Letterhead") in the name. Note, however, that the
Letter Wizard doesn't do a very good job of using custom letterheads. I
forget whether it's the margins, the styles, or something else that it
doesn't honor, but prepare for disappointment.

"Daan" wrote in message
news
I have a problem with the Letter Wizard. I would like to send my contacts
in
Microsoft Outlook a standardized letter, this functions through the Letter
Wizard that starts up immediately in Word. My self-made template doesn't

show
up next to the standard letters (professial, business etc.) Word is

providing
me, although I've save my template in the template folder. Does anybody

know
where I should save my template in order to be recognized by Letter

Wizard?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm Save the data source
from the Outlook dialog to a file, then create a new document from your
template and merge that Outlook file you have created - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm for general
information on merging. The fact that this is primarily about labels is
because labels tend to be the most complicated of merge types.