Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Permanently enable "view hidden text"

I would like to always see all hidden text in any documents I open.
How?

I am using Word 2002. Currently I have to click Tools / Options / View
/ Hidden text all the time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

If the option doesn't stick, you may have to delete the Data key in
the registry. For details, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to always see all hidden text in any documents I open.
How?

I am using Word 2002. Currently I have to click Tools / Options /

View
/ Hidden text all the time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I am using my work computer, with no administrator access... I can't
edit Windows 2000 registry. Is there any workaround? Is registry the
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Well, deleting the Data key might fix the problem, as stated in the
article. Another possibility is that a log-in script deletes the Data
key on each log-in (which restores a lot of settings to their factory
defaults) or that an add-in has code in it to set options when Word
starts. You'll have to ask the administrator about this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using my work computer, with no administrator access... I can't
edit Windows 2000 registry. Is there any workaround? Is registry the
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

A less drastic course would be to add the line

ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = True

to an autoopen macro in normal.dot

Stefan Blom wrote:
Well, deleting the Data key might fix the problem, as stated in the
article. Another possibility is that a log-in script deletes the Data
key on each log-in (which restores a lot of settings to their factory
defaults) or that an add-in has code in it to set options when Word
starts. You'll have to ask the administrator about this.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using my work computer, with no administrator access... I can't
edit Windows 2000 registry. Is there any workaround? Is registry the
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Unless of course a log-in script replaces normal.dot, in which case
that wouldn't be possible.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Well, deleting the Data key might fix the problem, as stated in

the
article. Another possibility is that a log-in script deletes the

Data
key on each log-in (which restores a lot of settings to their

factory
defaults) or that an add-in has code in it to set options when

Word
starts. You'll have to ask the administrator about this.

oups.com...