Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandy43228

Default outlined bullets and numbering not working with tab key

I am using Word 2003. All of the sudden, the outlined bullets and numbering
option does not seem to be working. I select a style that I want to use and
the first line looks right. I hit enter and the character for the top level
repeats. I hit tab thinking that the text will indent and a next level
character will appear. What actually happens is I hit the tab key and the
text indents, the the top level character remains in place. I've tried to
diagram it below.

What should work:
1. First level.
a. second level

What is happening:
1. First level
2. second level

This is occurring no mater what outlined bullet or numbering style that I'm
using. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

Select Tools AutoCorrect AutoFormat As You Type

Check the "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces" check box.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP