Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Roady [MVP] Roady [MVP] is offline

Default Outlook 2007 - Pasted Images into eMail are Poor Quality

Sounds like you were using Outlook as the e-mail editor then. Outlook 2007
uses a Word stub. Directly pasting images in Word never has been a great
experience for me either. You can control some of it in Word- Options-
Advanced- Web Options- Pictures...

I've crossposted this to related Word newsgroup as they might have better
answers on this case. You can also send feedback to the BETA team by using
the Send a Smile tool;

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Jon Battle - Plano TX" wrote
in message ...
The images I paste inline into an email are poor quality - blurry, fuzzy.
Never used to be this way in Outlook 2003. I use SnagIt to capture them at
100% quality. Any help is appreciated. Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers

As you have no control over how the recipient is going to view your email,
you would be better advised to send whatever it is as an attachment.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Roady [MVP]" t wrote in
message ...
Sounds like you were using Outlook as the e-mail editor then. Outlook 2007
uses a Word stub. Directly pasting images in Word never has been a great
experience for me either. You can control some of it in Word- Options-
Advanced- Web Options- Pictures...

I've crossposted this to related Word newsgroup as they might have better
answers on this case. You can also send feedback to the BETA team by using
the Send a Smile tool;

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Jon Battle - Plano TX" wrote
in message ...
The images I paste inline into an email are poor quality - blurry, fuzzy.
Never used to be this way in Outlook 2003. I use SnagIt to capture them at
100% quality. Any help is appreciated. Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon Battle - Plano TX Jon Battle - Plano TX is offline

This helped a little bit..I set the pictures to hi screen size and 96 dpi and
it looks sharper....but as the next post says,,,I dont know what they will
look like on the rreceiving end - this is a real blow to me....

Related question...signatures...in the old days I used to be able to use
front page to build an HTML based singature....that "advanced edit" option
ius no longer there. What to do??? Thx

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

Sounds like you were using Outlook as the e-mail editor then. Outlook 2007
uses a Word stub. Directly pasting images in Word never has been a great
experience for me either. You can control some of it in Word- Options-
Advanced- Web Options- Pictures...

I've crossposted this to related Word newsgroup as they might have better
answers on this case. You can also send feedback to the BETA team by using
the Send a Smile tool;

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Jon Battle - Plano TX" wrote
in message ...
The images I paste inline into an email are poor quality - blurry, fuzzy.
Never used to be this way in Outlook 2003. I use SnagIt to capture them at
100% quality. Any help is appreciated. Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon Battle - Plano TX Jon Battle - Plano TX is offline

You are right...altho its hard to go back to that technique (jpg attachments)
...isnt HTML, rich email the way the future was supposed to be? What are
people doing that are sending out HTML mail as part of their business
etc..surely they are not tolerating the blurriness. Look fwd to your input

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

"Jon Battle - Plano TX" wrote
in message ...

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Images in an e-mail message must reside on a server. The image in the e-mail
message must be linked to that image on the server.