Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Oscar4 Oscar4 is offline

Default Printing merged labels

After i have created a label with a return address and logo that on each
lebel, I used mail merge to a new document. Now I have to go back and print
only one or two labels for new names on my data base. How can I print only
those one or two labels without wasteing a whole page of labels? (The return
address is printed on all the other labels that are on the page.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There's nothing in the facilities provided by Mailmerge "out of the box"
that will help you here, so a bit of manual effort is needed.

Precisely what you'll need to do in this case is not clear as it depends on
how easy it is to cut/paste material in your document, but I would start by
trying something along the following lines:
a. select only the records you want and merge them to a new document, which
should consist of a table with (in effect) one cell for each label
b. cut/paste the content of each cell to a cell corresponding to the next
available label on the sheet
c. print

Or perhaps select as many records as is necessary to push the records you
want to the locations on the page you want, then merge to a new document,
select the unwanted labels and either hide the text or colour it white.

If cutting/pasting is too difficult (for starters, you will probably need to
cut/paste the text, not the whole cell, and there may be difficulties
dealing with any images), then it may be simpler to modify the mail merge
main document, cutting out the content of the cells you don't want to print
and removing the Next Record field from the top of the first cell you do
want to print. Then merge to the printer, or to a new document, and discard
the mail merge main document. Or, if your label layout is stable, perhaps it
would be worth saving the mail merge main document so you can re-use it
later, using a simple naming convention to help you pick the one you need if
it already exists (e.g. you might save one designed to print 4 lables
starting with label 3 as "mylabel_4_3.doc" or some such).

Peter Jamieson

"Oscar4" wrote in message
After i have created a label with a return address and logo that on each
lebel, I used mail merge to a new document. Now I have to go back and
print
only one or two labels for new names on my data base. How can I print
only
those one or two labels without wasteing a whole page of labels? (The
return
address is printed on all the other labels that are on the page.)

Printing Labels to Tray 1 (MPT) Xerox Phaser 6250DP Bob Lepito Microsoft Word Help 0 April 6th 06 02:38 PM
Alignment problems when Printing Labels Ian Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 05 06:30 AM
Printing labels BrianH Mailmerge 1 December 17th 05 04:13 PM
Skips two labels when printing FrogMan69 Mailmerge 1 November 11th 05 07:47 AM
Print of mail merged labels Laurina Mailmerge 1 June 15th 05 11:14 AM