Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JillS JillS is offline

Default Default Track Changes view to Final, NOT Final with Markup

We have documents that have had changes tracked and we want to retain the
change history information in the document. However, for some people, they
do not want to see these changes. Is it possible to change your default view
in Word to show ony the Final view on all documents, even when track changes
have been turned on? The users are frustrated with having to change that
setting on each document. Also, if it is only set at the document level, if
it is changed and saved on the document, is this the default view the next
time the document is opened or does it go back to Final with Markup?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi JillS

If you have Word 2003, you can do Tools Options Security. Un-tick the
box that says "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving".

However, it's not recommended. Microsoft introduced this feature as a
security measure to stop people accidentally sending documents containing
inappropriate information to others. As Amazon might say, other people who
bought this idea also remove the batteries from their smoke alarm and leave
their front door unlocked.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"JillS" wrote in message
We have documents that have had changes tracked and we want to retain the
change history information in the document. However, for some people,
they
do not want to see these changes. Is it possible to change your default
view
in Word to show ony the Final view on all documents, even when track
changes
have been turned on? The users are frustrated with having to change that
setting on each document. Also, if it is only set at the document level,
if
it is changed and saved on the document, is this the default view the next
time the document is opened or does it go back to Final with Markup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JillS JillS is offline

Thanks for the feedback Shauna, but that setting is already unchecked and
this does not solve the problem. I am still seeing changes get printed.
Again, we still are tracking the changes and we want to keep this
information, so the option you suggested is not viable for us. Are there any
other options?