Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Creating Online Forms

I have created a form in word to be filled out by a user. I have had some
help on how to lock the columns and rows to keep my form from moving around
when someone has used it. My question is this. If the person keeps typing
it will allow them to continue but because my rows are locked you cannot see
if they typed outside of the viewable box. How can I make the form where
when they reach the end of the box they are no longer able to type?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Text Form Field Options dialog box, you can set a "Maximum
length" (that is, a maximum number of characters allowed) for each
form field and then program the Enter key so that users are not
allowed to insert excess paragraphs into fields. See:

How to code the ENTER key to move between form fields in a protected
form in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211219/en-us

But note that this may not be necessary, as most people would stop
typing when noticing that text disappears...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn" wrote in message
I have created a form in word to be filled out by a user. I have

had some
help on how to lock the columns and rows to keep my form from moving

around
when someone has used it. My question is this. If the person keeps

typing
it will allow them to continue but because my rows are locked you

cannot see
if they typed outside of the viewable box. How can I make the form

where
when they reach the end of the box they are no longer able to type?

Online Forms Katiecon Microsoft Word Help 1 December 11th 06 06:12 PM
Editing Online Forms Air Force Paper Pusher Tables 2 May 1st 06 04:25 PM
creating online forms csr1176 New Users 0 April 17th 06 05:32 PM
Online Forms Questions Kevin New Users 3 February 3rd 05 06:31 PM
Protecting Online Forms Joseph N. Microsoft Word Help 4 December 22nd 04 02:36 AM