Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
soccerman58 soccerman58 is offline

Default Sizing even page footer affects odd footer size

Hi
I have selected the Different First Page and Different Odd and Even Page
footer check boxes, but when I try to drag the ruler and resize the height of
the footer on any page it affects all footers on all pages by the same amount.
Drag the odd page down, and the even and first page footers get dragged down
too. And vice versa.
All pages are in Section 1. I am in Print Layout view.
Any help please?
--
Phil M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The footer will expand to hold whatever you need to put in there. So
instead of dragging the margins, put text or graphics or hit enter in
one of the footers to change the size of the space reserved for the
footer. Set the margins to the smallest size footer necessary.

I'm curious--why do you want different sized footers?

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I have selected the Different First Page and Different Odd and Even Page
footer check boxes, but when I try to drag the ruler and resize the height of
the footer on any page it affects all footers on all pages by the same amount.
Drag the odd page down, and the even and first page footers get dragged down
too. And vice versa.
All pages are in Section 1. I am in Print Layout view.
Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
soccerman58 soccerman58 is offline

Hi
I don't want different sized footers, but that's what I have. So I turned
off the Different Footer checkbox and now I have the same size footers
because I turned on the Paragraph Tags and found a whole slew of unnecessary
tags in the footer.

I have decided that I do not want a footer at all on the first page, but I
can't seem to make it disappear. Any tips on that please?
Thanks
--
Phil M

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I have selected the Different First Page and Different Odd and Even Page
footer check boxes, but when I try to drag the ruler and resize the height of
the footer on any page it affects all footers on all pages by the same amount.
Drag the odd page down, and the even and first page footers get dragged down
too. And vice versa.
All pages are in Section 1. I am in Print Layout view.
Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Footers always exist--all you can do is have nothing in there. Turn on
First Page header/footer and delete everything in it.

There's a good explanation of headers and footers he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I don't want different sized footers, but that's what I have. So I turned
off the Different Footer checkbox and now I have the same size footers
because I turned on the Paragraph Tags and found a whole slew of unnecessary
tags in the footer.

I have decided that I do not want a footer at all on the first page, but I
can't seem to make it disappear. Any tips on that please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Linda Hill Linda Hill is offline

Daiya, I was asked a question that I can't answer and I've been working in
Word since the beginning of time..."Is it possible to change the size of the
header/footer fields?" My boss wants to place a logo on the far right of the
footer (outside the normal field) so that it appears on each page. How can
this be done?
--
Linda

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I have selected the Different First Page and Different Odd and Even Page
footer check boxes, but when I try to drag the ruler and resize the height of
the footer on any page it affects all footers on all pages by the same amount.
Drag the odd page down, and the even and first page footers get dragged down
too. And vice versa.
All pages are in Section 1. I am in Print Layout view.
Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the logo is just text, you can add a negative indent to have it
display in the right or left margin.

Alternatively, if the logo is a picture, you can anchor it to the header
paragraph and then drag the picture to any location where you want it.
Since the anchor is in the header, the picture will repeat on all pages
using that header. For details, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.

--
Stefan Blom