Kevin

Default Online Forms Questions

Is there a way, when creating an online form, to prevent a user from
proceeding to the next field, until they have entered the required
information into the field that is currently active.
For example, I am creating a form where the user must put in their Division.
The next field is Job Title. I want to be able to force them to put in the
Division, or they can not proceed to the next field.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Kevin
Jay Freedman

Hi Kevin,

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ateFFields.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Kevin wrote:
Is there a way, when creating an online form, to prevent a user from
proceeding to the next field, until they have entered the required
information into the field that is currently active.
For example, I am creating a form where the user must put in their
Division. The next field is Job Title. I want to be able to force
them to put in the Division, or they can not proceed to the next
field.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Kevin

Charles Kenyon

Hi,

Jay has already given you a link to the answer to your question. What you
are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more about online
forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. These two links should lead you to answers to
almost any other questions you might have. Chapman's articles are must
reading if you are doing much with forms.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.